[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with a DVB-T

--On den 28 december 2002 17:49 +0100 just4all <just4all@gmx.de> wrote:

> the jagged stripes when booting the dvb card are normal.

Thank you very much, good to know! (I thought I had read
somewhere that there was supposed to be a logotype of some
kind at boot, I feared the stripes could be it garbled.)

> Do you have another DVB-t receiver to check if signal on you antenna is
> too bad? Perhaps that?s the issue.

I am quite sure it is at least strong, I have other things
incl a DVB-T receiver connected after it, and they all work fine
even if I disconnect the input connector from the card and hold
it with a millimeter wide gap. I played with that to see the
(strange) signal meter change, and to see if there was to much
of mains power rests on the cable. (I suppose it is the same
in all countries with a zero in the power outlets, that you
typically get an AC voltage on the antenna cable since it
is grounded in TV sets and the like, but the ground on those
boxes is only referenced to capacitors to the power leads so
it tends to be at half the power voltage.)

But thanks, I'll play a little more with that before I rule
it out as the cause.

--On den 28 december 2002 18:54 +0100 Holger Waechtler
<holger@convergence.de> wrote:

> Spase had some specs on their homepage for a while. I've seen that you
> can still get them on http://www.archive.org/, search the old Spase web
> site there. I don't remember the date when they published the docs,
> you'll have to find this out on your own...

Thanks, got it. It seems that the solder bridges are only in
places where unused input pins are connected with a stripe
directly under the pins which of course gives solder bildup,
so the bridges are probably ok. None of the other chips have
stripes placed like that, they are routed away from the pins
before they are connected. A bit sloppy, both the routing and
the solder work around this chip. (They aren't using the JTAG
pins either, they are also bridged like that.) Hmm...

Any other hints are still very welcome!
Thanks for your help!

/ragge