[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-s and Sky channels

Bob wrote:

> I guess I'll look at mpeg encoders and IRC units as well, but that (at least
> latter bit) sounds involved.
>
> Could give up and let Sky win and give them they're blood money for Sky+
> ?250, installation ?50, and sub. ?10pm - don't know whether the installation
> or the sub. fees makes me cry/laugh more.

I am using the Kfir MPEG2 encoder card to convert the analog video signal
from the Digibox into an MPEG2 Transport Stream for use with VDR. Works fine
with the 'sky' plugin that comes with the VDR developer version
(see ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer). Of course it is pure madness to
receive a digital signal, convert it to analog and then back to digital, but
I'm afraid this is the only way...

Klaus