[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-s and Sky channels

Thanks for the reply, yes what a shame, it has dulled my spirit to venture
into building a system a little.
But maybe it shouldn't - I would still end up with a very good system by all
accounts with many advantages over any other.

Thanks for the suggestion for the mpeg encoder.
What daunts me most about building a system is the IR tramitter bit, are you
selling units? :) (I have a phobia when it comes to electronic components
:) ).
Btw, what about IR receivers to control VDR, are they part of most DVB
cards??
Since I'll have to record the majority of the channels I want using the
encoder, I suppose it doesn't matter much whether I get a DVB-t or a DVB-s -
unless you know any pros or cons?

Btw2, do I need a DVB card at all? I already have a Hauppauge WinTV card and
if I have a MPEG encoder is that all I need, or do I need the DVB for the
EPG overlay? (I'd need a IR receiver mechanism too)

Thanks for you all your help.