[linux-dvb] probs with insmod // bros drivers

Kai Thost writes:
 > hi marcus,
 >
 > i was a little unprecise ... the make goes fine.
 > the insmod has problems with the DSP (i don't use it)
 >
 > dvb-saa7146.o: unresolved symbol dvb_unregister_dsp
 > dvb-saa7146.o: unresolved symbol dvb_register_dsp
 > make[1]: *** [insmod] Error 1
 >
 > this was mentioned in a posting before and i put
 >
 > export USE_DVB_DSP=0
 >
 > but no use ...

Better remove the lines under and including the one with USE_DVB_DSP.
Or just enable sound card support in your kernel and do a "modprobe
soundcore" before insmodding the DVB driver.

 > what exactly is the DSP for? is it mission-critical when
 > i want to stream video and audio over a lan?

It lets you use the full featured DVB cards as a soundcard.
You don't need it. Maybe I'll take it out of the Makefile in the next
release.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |