[linux-dvb] Re: Interlace lines in UK DVB-T streams...

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 12:17, Thargor wrote:
> Laz <laz@club-burniston.co.uk> writes:
> > Most of the MPEG streams (I haven't checked if it's all channels or
> > what, yet) now show a low of interlace lines when played back with
> > mplayer, i.e. they are stripey! Are the MPEG streams now in a different
> > format or is this down to the driver somehow? The (absolutely dire!)
> > windows software gives files with these lines, although they play back
> > OK in WinDVD.
> >
> > Is this something I'm stuck with?
>
> try the following mplayer options
>
> -cache 8192 -vop pp=lb -autosync 30

Ahhhh...I was using somthing like -pp=0x2000, which was on some stuff I
found a long while back! Your options work a treat: cheers.

Are other people with Nova-T cards having problems with dvbtune? I was
using it to scan for stream info using the -i option and whatever MUX I
tell it to tune to, it gives the same XML output, and then only about
every third time it is run! This is dvbtune 0.4 with DVB drivers from
cvs.

All was very confusing for a few days: (supposedly) different MUXs
giving out the same info! Then I found dvbscan (part of dvbsak) and that
works a treat, every time!

I now have all the UK freeview channels working, which is nice!

Cheers,

Laz