[linux-dvb] Re: Reception of raw TS or multiple PIDS

Miernik writes:
 > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
 > On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:08:16PM +0100, Rene Bartsch wrote:
 > >  There are two major layouts supported by the DVB-driver:
 > >
 > > 1.) Technotrend DVB-S/C Rev. 1.3, 1.6 and 2.1 (is Skystar1 with
 > > MPEG-decoder)
 > >      (OEMs from Siemens, Galaxis, Hauppauge)
 > >      That cards have a tuner frontend which is connected to the SAA7146 by a
 > > AV711x with DEBI-port (maximum bandwith 45 MBit/s)
 > >      They have an MPEG-decoder, OSD and CI-interface
 > >
 > >      Drawbacks:  No TS-support (the firmware can demultiplex a TS and
 > > remultiplex up to 8 PIDs into a Pseudo-TS)
 > >                          Firmware very unstable, AV711x is to weak for
 > > reliable processing of timeshift and multiple PIDs, very expensive.
 >
 > I have a Technotrend DVB-S "full" card, video works, but hardware
 > sound decoding is broken. You hear just "shshshshsh"  :(
 >
 > Can I decode the sound with the PC's processor somehow?
 >
 > Can you point me to some program which can do it?
 >
 > thanks,

There is a program called dvbaudio which is part of dvb-mpegtools (
http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html). You can either use it to
get the audio elementary stream and pipe it into mpg123 or similar
programs. Or you can have a look at the source and use it to write a program
that uses an mpeg codec from some lib and does this in one step.
I was not going to do that, because I don't want any more library
dependences in the dvb-mpegtools. They are supposed to be standalone.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |