[linux-dvb] Re: SI_PARSER.C ISSUE

Hi Rolf,

I want to bring under your notice some of the points that I had found out
during the development.I am referring the document
DVB-SI_info-en_300468v010401p for extracting various tables from TS
clips.This document can be downloaded from etsi.org which is an official
site for DVB documents.

Pl. see that my findings are based on above document which talks about the
syntax of MPEG2 TS.
I found that the code si_parser.c doesnot take care of the ADAPTATION FIELD
CONTROL bits.To explain a little further, in the header there are two
adptation field control bits which has following options:

1.01-no adptation field,payload only
2.10-adaptation field only,no payload
3.11-adaptation field followed by payload
4.00-reserved for future use.

Since the code need to be general it should take care of all the four
options.The presence of an adaptation field is indicated by the adaptation
field control bits in a transport stream packet.If present,the adaptation
field directly follows the 4 Byte packet header,before any user payload
data.This is the case with the clips I have.

I had modified the si_parser.c to consider these bits.I would highly
appreciate if you can comment on this.

Regards,
Sheetal Pandey