[linux-dvb] Re: Detecting kernel version in Makefile

> Please configure+install [kernel before building DVB driver]

I don't think it should be necessary (or relevant) to install the kernel
at all, a pointer to the build tree should be more than enough. I can't
see what could/should depend on the running kernel during a build. And one
does not always build a kernel where it's run (my sat receiver has no C
compiler and 128 MB of flash disk, so I'm not going to build kernels
on it).

dvb-kernel/build-2.4 cross compiles fine by just changing
.version, and KDIR and DEST in the Makefile.

--
franck@nenie.org