[linux-dvb] AV711x - CAM Bypass mode, how to use?

Hi,

I have a scenario in which I need more than 32 PIDs from the TI AV711x, so
I'm making another effort to find a way to get an _unfiltered_ transport
stream from this thing.

Now I am toying with the "CAM bypass" TPP bit, which passes all MPEG TS
packets unfiltered, but, unfortunately, with their PIDs still overwritten,
so the packets are useless. I have been poking around in the TPP registers,
but was unable to find a way to prevent this or recover the PID so far.

Can anyone give me a hint how to use the "CAM bypass" mode of the AV711x's
TPP, or how I could get in contact with someone who can tell me? I sent a
polite inquiry to TI support with this specific question, but they refused
to help :(

The people who once engineered this chip must still be around somewhere,
and one of them must know how this CAM bypass was implemented and how it is
used...

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

--
Robert Schlabbach