[linux-dvb] Recording to CD-ROM

I have recorded some TV programs (DVB-T) onto hard disk by means of

dvbstream ... -o > file

They are 30 minutes each, which seems to mean some 550Mbytes, just
the right size to put on a CD-ROM (I don't have a DVD recorder.)
But what should the file format be? Of course, I can play them with

cat file | xine stdin:/

, which should be possible even if the file is put on a CD-ROM (I do
have a CD writer.) However, is there a format that would be playable
with a separate ("ordinary"/"domestic"/"set-top") DVD player?

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen