[linux-dvb] Re: SI_PARSER.C ISSUE

Hi,

sorry for this late reply, but I have been on a business trip last week.

You are right. The si_parser.c code does not take care of adaptation
fields at the moment. As far as I know, adaptation fields are only
relevant for the MPEG stream layer (like the video, audio or SI stream),
whereas si_parser.c deals with MPEG system information (SI) layer only.
In my point of view this is another (higher) protocol layer. I think the
driver code deals with the adaptation fields during filtering the
sections out of the MPEG data stream, because I never had any problems
with that.

If I did something wrong, I would be very happy to integrate or fix that
within the code. Please send your corrected si_parser.c to me, so that I
could have a look at it.

Additionally, I do not see any adaptation fields defined in EN 300468,
beside the notice, that instead of using stuffing tables to fill unsused
data stream regions, the adaptation mechanism could be used for this
purpose as well. But that is quite obvious, as stuffing tables are the
stuffing mechanism provided by the DVB-SI protocol layer, adaptation
fields are the stuffing mechanism provided by the underlying protocol
layer, and of course you are free to use either of them to stuff your
data...

Geetings,

Rolf

> Hi Rolf,
>
> I want to bring under your notice some of the points that I had found
out
> during the development.I am referring the document
> DVB-SI_info-en_300468v010401p for extracting various tables from TS
> clips.This document can be downloaded from etsi.org which is an
official
> site for DVB documents.
>
> Pl. see that my findings are based on above document which talks about
the
> syntax of MPEG2 TS.
> I found that the code si_parser.c doesnot take care of the ADAPTATION
FIELD