[linux-dvb] kdvb-fe

I have a Hauppauge WinTV card (budget) that has been working
quite well (all year.) However, now I had a look at running
processes with 'top' and noticed that there was one called
'kdvb-fe' that ate up about 40% of CPU time, even though I was
not doing anything related with DVB.

The 'kdvb-fe' process seems to start with the loading of the
modules (dvb-core, grundig_29504-401, dvb-ttpci). Thereafter,
it's always present.

The strange thing is that if I *do* use the TV card, that is,
start 'xine' to watch something, the CPU usage of 'kdvb-fe'
goes *down*, to 1%. When I stop 'xine', the 'kdvb-fe' figure
*stays* at 1%.

My computer isn't always on, so it seems that I have to run
'xine' every time I do turn it on - to get rid of the extra
39% CPU usage of 'kdvb-fe'.

Is there a simple explanation? A cure?

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen