[linux-dvb] Re: kdvb-fe

Sakari Aaltonen wrote:

> My computer isn't always on, so it seems that I have to run
> 'xine' every time I do turn it on - to get rid of the extra
> 39% CPU usage of 'kdvb-fe'.
>
> Is there a simple explanation? A cure?

It's a nsty problem, I think especially for all those who not have the
dish pointing to an ASTRA satellite. When you load dvb drivers, they try
to tune a german channel; if you don't have an antenna attached (like in
my case), or if you don't point to astra (like in my case!) you frontend
kernel module will waste a lot of cpu time. I needed few days to
understand what was the problem.

After you tune something (with xine), that process keeps quiet.

I would like to solve this hacking into the drivers. I think removing
the unnecessary sintonization would be the best way. Anyway I have exams
and I won't do this before 10 days...!

bye
as

--