[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and DMX_SET_PES_FILTER

--On den 22 februari 2003 11:50 +0100 Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de> wrote:

The TI library in the firmware only allows to decode and
re-insert teletext data into the TV signal if it comes
from the frontend. It also does not give you the data if it
is re-inserting it.
Oh, sad. Thanks for the information.
Using the TV for text display was my backup solution for
subtitling, which currently disturbs the video replay.

So this leads me to another question:

Is there anything I can do do minimize the disturbance
when showing OSD subtitles while replaying audio and video?
For example splitting up calls, inserting waits, do
something with the timing related to the video and audio?
Maybe there is something in the driver that could be fixed
to mitigate this problem? I currently have no idea what the
problem really is, so it is hard to try to work around.

/ragge