[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and DMX_SET_PES_FILTER

--On den 22 februari 2003 22:04 +0100 Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de> wrote:

 > Is there anything I can do do minimize the disturbance
 > when showing OSD subtitles while replaying audio and video?
 > For example splitting up calls, inserting waits, do
 > something with the timing related to the video and audio?
 > Maybe there is something in the driver that could be fixed
 > to mitigate this problem? I currently have no idea what the
 > problem really is, so it is hard to try to work around.

You could try the latest driver on http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb
I changed the bitmap loading code in the firmware to be less
disruptive to other transfers. Previously it disrupted everything
else when loading the bitmap (or rather one 32K part of one).
Now it has to wait for other transfers.
Ok, thanks, I will try that.

I must say that I am not extremely happy about this different
drivers and firmware situation. Now there are more differences
between the firmwares too, one (probably) has working OSD, the
other has new CAM handing. I do hope that we can get those two
tracks together someday and join all the good efforts instead.
There are probably good reasons for both tracks, but I can't
believe that they couldn't be combined.

/ragge