[linux-dvb] OT: Streaming Media

Hey,

I've had tons of fun with MPEG2 so far - the linux DVB drivers are just
great :)

I'm wondering now though if its possible to transcode these files into
something smaller, maybe for web streaming.  Of all the servers I've
looked at (Real Systems for example) they seem to all require a client
to do the encoding to send to the server for streaming.

Has anyone ever setup a system that can stream piped data (like say
dvbstream -> transcode ->) to a server for distribution?  I'm not after
multicasting (for now), just a simple solution that clients on any
platform can read the stream from my server.

Cheers,
Andy.