[linux-dvb] Re: OT: Streaming Media

Hi

Andy Coates wrote:
Has anyone ever setup a system that can stream piped data (like say
dvbstream -> transcode ->) to a server for distribution?  I'm not after
multicasting (for now), just a simple solution that clients on any
platform can read the stream from my server.
Yes, I use dvbstream and mp4live (MPEG4IP) modyfied with an extra RTP source
module, an extra libmpeg2 decoder and an extra lame decoder to stream MPEG-4
and save MP4 files live encoded with XviD and one of MP3/AAC/Vorbis.

Works fine on Athlon XP1800+.

--PMM

Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP. YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 support
for libmpeg2. See http://www.maersk-moller.net/projects/