[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and DMX_SET_PES_FILTER

On Sunday 23 February 2003 19:52, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:
> --On den 23 februari 2003 11:15 +0100 Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@gmx.de>
> > believe me, I know which OSD problems I have, so don't tell me there I
> > have  problems with the driver ok?  So I can say very well that there is
> > an  imrovement. With the linuxtv.org drivers I can reproduce an arm-crash
> > within  a minute with using the OSD heavily. With this driver it is
> > really  rockstable(no freeze, no half displayed osd). I can only say wow.
> > As I said I  have to test from what the crashes are coming I have
> > currently on replay.
>
> Well, the "as far as I know" was obviously a needed reservation
> then. Sorry, I didn't intent to offend anyone, really!

Ok :) I guess I was a bit harsh. Sorry

> With what firmware and driver did you experience those problems?
> Was it when just playing on the same card as you received on,
> or when you did something more advanced?

Look at the lists. I begun with the 0.9.4 driver and all version till yet had
this problem. The only thing what is needed is a long page with a lot of text
as channel-list or the epg-informations (aka "whats running now") , then
scrolling trough it with key hold down one time or a second time and *boom*
yet another arm crash. Since I can avoid scrolling trough the pages I could
live with it till now. Another good scenario was fast-forwarding with
switching osd on and off. I may have missed a version or forgotten about one,
but I have this problems as long as i can think of.

cat /proc/interupts :

           CPU0
  0:   33556441          XT-PIC  timer
  1:     245726          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:     120534          XT-PIC  lirc_serial
  5:  227246439          XT-PIC  CS46XX, saa7146(0)
  8:   11576943          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:   28610288          XT-PIC  nvidia
 11:   19699133          XT-PIC  fcpci, eth0
 12:    2057176          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:    1134360          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:    1885099          XT-PIC  ide1

Card is a Siemens aka technotrend-premium revision 1.3 the machine a 1,1 Ghz
Duron and my normal workstation. Problems I could think of with that machine:

- interupt-sharing (cs46xx is my soundcard)
- to high load on pci-bus (soundcard, ide, dvb)

All other I'm sure are not possible (voltage => I have an enermax, other then
this arm crashes the machine is rockstable for all things I do with it)

Ah and please read my sig , I dont like to get mails twice.
--
Regards
Steffen