[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and DMX_SET_PES_FILTER

On Sunday 23 February 2003 01:48, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:
> --On den 23 februari 2003 00:04 +0100 Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@gmx.de>
>
> wrote:
> > OSD is rockstable with your driver as far as i could see. I will do some
> > more  tests with it. (have scrolled trough channels/EPG and so on a lot
> > without  even a distortion).
> > Right now i have the phenomenom that the arm crashes after
> > fast-forwarding, if  simple replay causes the same and whos fault this is
> > I have to track down  first. (build clean vdr and so on.)
>
> Hello Steffen,
>
> The problem with OSD is as far as I know only visible if you
> feed the card from a file, and problably if you are watching
> a program that you receive on another card than the one you
> use to watch.
>
> When you just watch a program on the same card as you are
> recieving it on the OSD worked well before too.
>
> Thanks for testing it!
>
> /ragge

Hi Ragnar,

believe me, I know which OSD problems I have, so don't tell me there I have
problems with the driver ok?  So I can say very well that there is an
imrovement. With the linuxtv.org drivers I can reproduce an arm-crash within
a minute with using the OSD heavily. With this driver it is really
rockstable(no freeze, no half displayed osd). I can only say wow. As I said I
have to test from what the crashes are coming I have currently on replay.

--
Regards
Steffen