[linux-dvb] Re: Teletext and DMX_SET_PES_FILTER

On Saturday 22 February 2003 22:04, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Ragnar Sundblad writes:
>  > > The TI library in the firmware only allows to decode and
>  > > re-insert teletext data into the TV signal if it comes
>  > > from the frontend. It also does not give you the data if it
>  > > is re-inserting it.
>  >
>  > Oh, sad. Thanks for the information.
>  > Using the TV for text display was my backup solution for
>  > subtitling, which currently disturbs the video replay.
>  >
>  > So this leads me to another question:
>  >
>  > Is there anything I can do do minimize the disturbance
>  > when showing OSD subtitles while replaying audio and video?
>  > For example splitting up calls, inserting waits, do
>  > something with the timing related to the video and audio?
>  > Maybe there is something in the driver that could be fixed
>  > to mitigate this problem? I currently have no idea what the
>  > problem really is, so it is hard to try to work around.
>
> You could try the latest driver on http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb
> I changed the bitmap loading code in the firmware to be less
> disruptive to other transfers. Previously it disrupted everything
> else when loading the bitmap (or rather one 32K part of one).
> Now it has to wait for other transfers.
>

> Ralph

OSD is rockstable with your driver as far as i could see. I will do some more
tests with it. (have scrolled trough channels/EPG and so on a lot without
even a distortion).
Right now i have the phenomenom that the arm crashes after fast-forwarding, if
simple replay causes the same and whos fault this is I have to track down
first. (build clean vdr and so on.)

--
Regards
Steffen