[linux-dvb] Re: USB2.0 DVB receiver status update

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:36:38PM +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> good news: finally the components and PCBs are arrived and we built a
> first prototype of the FX2 based USB2.0 DVB Receiver.
>
> The DC/DC converters are working stable at input voltages between
> ~7...~12V. We uploaded and started a simple firmware to the FX2 (which
> just start some disco on the onboard LEDs) without troubles. Johannes'
> firmware source skeleton in CVS is not yet working, after servicing the
> first USB interrupt it hangs.

Any chance you're not re-arming the endpoint properly? This happened to
me already when programming my ezusb chip.

If you can send me the firmware and downloaded I can try it on my FX2
devel board.

> So the board is basically working and now
> we can start to write+debug firmware and kernel driver and watch out for
> remaining hardware bugs.
>
> We had to apply the following patches in order to get it working: on all
> 3 LT1940s the VC1 and VC2 error amp outputs pins were accidentally
> connected to the POWERUP signal instead to a compensation R/C network.
> We had to insert this network manually.
>
> The pads for the FX2 are a tick too narrow, for our board the FX2 pins
> have been bended a little to fit better on the PCB pads.
>
> I'll fix these issues in the schematic and PCB files on
> http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/ as soon I find some time
> to do it...
>
> Next we'll work on the firmware to get the irq problem fixed and write a
> i2c driver in the firmware so that we can talk to EEPROM and tuner.

I already have interrupt-based i2c communication working for (non-fx2)
ezusb. If that'd be of any help ...

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs