[linux-dvb] Re: USB2.0 DVB receiver status update

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:36:38PM +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Hi everybody,

good news: finally the components and PCBs are arrived and we built a first prototype of the FX2 based USB2.0 DVB Receiver.

The DC/DC converters are working stable at input voltages between ~7...~12V. We uploaded and started a simple firmware to the FX2 (which just start some disco on the onboard LEDs) without troubles. Johannes' firmware source skeleton in CVS is not yet working, after servicing the first USB interrupt it hangs.

Any chance you're not re-arming the endpoint properly? This happened to
me already when programming my ezusb chip.
Hmm, it's hanging after the first USB config descriptor, I suspected we did not set up the transfer counters correctly.

If you can send me the firmware and downloaded I can try it on my FX2
devel board.
The source is in the LinuxDVB CVS: http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/dvbusb-fx2/, directory dvb-hw/dvbusb-fx2/firmware/src/.

So the board is basically working and now we can start to write+debug firmware and kernel driver and watch out for remaining hardware bugs.

We had to apply the following patches in order to get it working: on all 3 LT1940s the VC1 and VC2 error amp outputs pins were accidentally connected to the POWERUP signal instead to a compensation R/C network. We had to insert this network manually.

The pads for the FX2 are a tick too narrow, for our board the FX2 pins have been bended a little to fit better on the PCB pads.

I'll fix these issues in the schematic and PCB files on http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-hw/ as soon I find some time to do it...

Next we'll work on the firmware to get the irq problem fixed and write a i2c driver in the firmware so that we can talk to EEPROM and tuner.

I already have interrupt-based i2c communication working for (non-fx2)
ezusb. If that'd be of any help ...
Can you release this source as open source? If not we would have to rewrite it anyway...

btw: do you want your board assembled or do you want me to send you PCB+parts (and a list of required patches;)?

Holger