[linux-dvb] Re: driver ioctl CA_SET_DESCR

Using the linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre1 driver, I'm trying to pass valid CWs to
the ioctl but the card is refusing to decrypt the stream.

I can do this successfully using earlier version of the driver and a
'special' version of the firmware.

Can anyone confirm whether this functionality is/should be working with
the latest driver release.

If this would work, it would mean that the DVB card would decrypt without
a CAM - that's not how it's supposed to work ;-) The new Link Layer
CAM interface definitely need a _real_ CAM to work.
Thanks Klaus.

Another question on a related subject. The firmware currently in the av7100 card... this is obviously changing and evolving over time.

I'm interested (maybe) in changing the firmware for my own needs. How does the linuxtv development team manage changes to the firmware, do they use specific tools and are their any documentation on the firmware specifics?

Kind regards,

Steve