[linux-dvb] Lirc and Hauppauge IR-receiver

Hi,
I'm trying to get the latest driver from http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/
to work with Lirc and VDR. Unfortunately with no success. Can somebody
please point me into a direction on how to get this to work.
I'm trying to use my own remote control with Lirc and the Hauppauge
IR-receiver that came with the card.
If I use an IRDA receiver I can remote control VDR just fine but the
mainboard I have to deal with right now has no IRDA conmector so I'm
stuck at this point.
What modules do I need to load for the DVB card and which modules from
LIRC do I need to get my setup to work?
No matter which modules I load, mode2 always complains about not being
able to read from /dev/lirc but the device exists inside the /dev/
directory.

Thanx in advance,
 André.