[linux-dvb] Re: setting the proper transonder value

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 14:35, Sheetal_Pandey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the Hauuppauge WinTV nexus-S card.I have tuned the antenna to
> ASIASAT 2.I am trying to lock the card to European bouque but since I am
> using the card for the first time ,I am not comfortable in giving the proper
> values.
>
> I have another digital satellite receiver which is locked properly to
> European bouque ,I mean that the signal is proper.
>
> The downlink freq is 4000 MHZ,fec 3/4,Symbol rate 28.125 Mbaud.I am using a
> C band LNB with local oscillator freq 5150.Can somebody help in filling the
> proper values.

I have this working - asiasat2 and European Bouquet.  I am fairly sure
the command line for eg. dvbstream is: (for eg for RTP)
dvbstream  -o -f 1150 -p H -I 1 -s 28125 517 700
(I can't confirm this at the moment as vdr is currently running)

The problem is that the dvb stuff assumes Ku band LNB where you tune to
L = freq - LOF.

With c-band L = LOF - freq.

(L is the frequency on the cable from the LNB to the card).

Luckily most of the tools accept L band frequences directly.  So to tune
to the European Bouquet you need to tune to 1150 (ie 5150 - 4000).

In VDR I have set the LOF to 0 and I put 1150 in the channels.conf.

I think that VDR could be modified to accept the real frequencies.  All
that is needed is to put freq=abs(freq).

(If freq - LOF = L, then LOF - freq = -L.  By putting the abs in we get
the correct frequency)

I must add that I have not tried this modification yet. (What do other
think?  Klus?)