[linux-dvb] Re: OSD-fixed firmware, vdr bug (Re: Teletext andDMX_SET_PES_FILTER)

Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:

>   Hi Ralph,
>
> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> > Could be the bitmap transfer gets no time at all because of the high
> > PES transfer rate during FF. I'll have to fine-tune this a little bit.
>
>   I think this is a bug in vdr or mismatch in what vdr expects from the
> driver.  vdr keeps on feeding the fast forward/rewind stream to the
> decoder as usual, it displays correctly, it does not crash nor does the
> driver or arm.  I think vdr or the main menu thread of vdr just locks up
> by itself, and the watchdog timer triggers.

Well, VDR sends the video frames and the OSD data to the driver. It expects
that data to be processed - what else can it expect? It would appear that
when the (Ralph's) driver/firmware receives only I-frames, it no longer processes any
of the OSD data. So at some point VDR just sits and waits until the OSD
data gets processed, before it can send the next block of OSD data.

So, the problem IMHO is most likely in the firmware.

Klaus