[linux-dvb] Re: OSD-fixed firmware, vdr bug (Re: Teletext andDMX_SET_PES_FILTER)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Well, VDR sends the video frames and the OSD data to the driver. It expects
> that data to be processed - what else can it expect? It would appear that
> when the (Ralph's) driver/firmware receives only I-frames, it no longer processes any
> of the OSD data. So at some point VDR just sits and waits until the OSD
> data gets processed, before it can send the next block of OSD data.

Mmm.  I had nothing on OSD when I hit the fast forward.  Is there still
some similar other activity vdr waits on, or does it use OSD calls even
when OSD is empty?

Feels like we are moving somewhere with this old problem!  Isn't this
great!

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com