[linux-dvb] SV: SV: Re: Compilation under RedHat 8.0

Yes I do. If your kernel has loadable module support, then just compile the modules and load them?

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Jean-Michel POURE [mailto:jm.poure@freesurf.fr]
Skickat: Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:29 PM
Till: Martin Altemark
Kopia: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Ämne: Re: SV: [linux-dvb] Re: Compilation under RedHat 8.0

Le Jeudi 27 Février 2003 10:26, Martin Altemark a écrit :
> You have to recompile the kernel since the kernel shipped with 8.0 do not
> loadable module support, plus that you need to add video for linux and i2c
> modules.

Thanks for your replies.

RedHat 8.0 has loadable module supports as it loads several modules compiled
separately. Can you confirm 8.0 does not have loadable modules, it would be
very surprising. Where did you get this information? Maybe I miss something,
as I am not very familiar with kernel compilation. Do you run a RedHat 8.0
yourself?

Cheers, Jean-Michel POURE