[linux-dvb] Re: AW: decode ts

Andrea Gerardi wrote:

From: "Florian Schirmer" <jolt@tuxbox.org>
To: "'Andrea Gerardi'" <gerardi_andre79@hotmail.com>,<linux-dvb@convergence.de>
Subject: AW: [linux-dvb] decode ts
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:50:09 +0100

Hi,

>I need to decode ts information (such as sync byte, pid, transport error
>indicator and so on) from a unsigned char buffer[188] read from fd_demux;

>How could I do that? Thanks.

struct dvb_ts_header {

u32 synch_byte: 8;
u32 transport_error_indicator: 1;
u32 payload_unit_start_indicator: 1;
u32 transport_priority: 1;
u32 PID: 13;
u32 transport_scrambling_control: 2;
u32 adaptation_field: 1;
u32 payload: 1;
u32 continuity_counter: 4;

};

Hope that helps.

Bye,
Florian

Yes, but I don't know how parse this struct from previous buffer[188] read from fd_demuxv. Some mask to do that? Shift register or other method?Thanks.
just cast the struct pointer on your TS buffer. The entire MPEG spec is available as "ITU H.222" on the itu.org website. IIRC you'll have to register before you get access to the document area...

Holger