[linux-dvb] Re: SV: SV: Re: Compilation under RedHat 8.0

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
Le Jeudi 27 Février 2003 13:00, Alexandre CONRAD a écrit :

But I know that my kernel has module support. The i2c and v4l module are
loaded by default in RH 7.2 / 7.3. I guess they are in RH8 also. Well,
my webcam works, and it uses video4linux AFAIK, right ?

I have exactly the same feeling. It would be very surprising if RedHat kernel did not have loadable modules, cideo4linux and i2c.

On the converse, I wonder why DVB drivers are not provided with a ./configure script. This would solve our problem. This compilation script is so unusual.
What makes you think that this could solve your problem?
Just get a fresh kernel from kernel.org (without any proprietary patches), build and install it, then follow the INSTALL instructions. It's pretty easy. Your kernel won't get built using configure scripts, too...

Holger