[linux-dvb] Re: No audio, and interlacing problem with Nova-t card and dvbstream

At 10:57 07/03/2003, you wrote:
The video works fine but I have no audio. I found by experimentation that if I used ID 601 instead of 602, the audio worked? Is 'scan' producing an incorrect channels.conf, or have I misunderstood something?
Hmm, could you please run a stream analyzer (e.g. dvbsnoop) on the PMT PID and look what audio PID is actually announced? Some (multilingual) channels have more than one Audio-PID, in this case scan will print the last one in the channel list.

There are even some broadcasters which don't transmit correct Audio PIDs for their multilingual services.
601 is the correct PID for BBC-1 on most transmitters. 602 is for second language support - so films in original language might have sound on that PID. Not quite sure where your scan results come from... dvbtune?