[linux-dvb] Re: No audio, and interlacing problem with Nova-tcard and dvbstream

jng_junk@greenmail.demon.co.uk wrote:
601 is the correct PID for BBC-1 on most transmitters. 602 is for second language support - so films in original language might have sound on that PID. Not quite sure where your scan results come from... dvbtune?

My channels.conf came from the 'scan' utility that comes with the DVB
driver. I will have a look at what is going wrong later today. I suspect
it is a problem with 'scan'. I may try dvbtune as well, and compare the
results (I didn't know dvbtune was capable of producing the channels.conf
file). I don't think it'll be too difficult to fix once I've tracked down
the exact problem (hopefully the useful suggestion about dvbsnoop will
help here). If I come up with a fix, I'll post the suggestion here.
If it is a problem with multilinguality there is no real fix. The simple szap/czap/tzap channel lists have no place for multiple audio PIDs. You'll have to use a real DVB zapping application to explore this feature...

Holger