[linux-dvb] Re: Any progress on a RPM DVB driver for Red Hat ?

On Sunday 09 March 2003 19:12, Amen Ra wrote:
> Any progress on a RPM driver for Red Hat ?
>
> An RPM package of the DVB drivers would make it so
> much easier to use the driver under Red Hat. Red Hat
> 8.0 and 8.1 don't have the DVB driver and it is too
> hard for most people to install it so they just don't
> bother or give up.

Lets brainstorm ;)

- Not an easy task as the modules will collide with the ones that are the
kernel I guess.
configured by a *.conf file in /etc/
- the binary rpm should have the name of the kernel(uname -r) in it.

(- I have it still on my TODO for Mandrake, also vdr & plugins)

--
Regards
Steffen