[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T with DVB-C Card?

On Monday 10 March 2003 20:55, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the list and hope my questions are also new :)
>
> First Question:
> In my mind it should be possibillity to view with an dvb-c card
> also dvb-t. I owned a siemens dvb-c card and lives in berlin.
> Since some time in berlin dvb-t run. What must I do to view dvb-t
> with my dvb-c card.
> Note: My dvb-c card is normaly connected to cable and runs great
> with vdr under linux.

Hi,

I've asked this question once, a long time ago, so I owe it to the list to
answer it once also :-)

Answer is no, sorry :( While for analogue it doesn't usually matter if the
signal comes from an antenna or out of the wall, for DVB you need different
tuners. (Signal is on different frequencies, and modulated differently). The
so called "frontend" of the cards is either DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S.

You can of course use a DVB-C card (full featured) as your output device,
using the mpeg decoder and tv-out.

> Next Question:
> Exist a mailinglist archive and how can I reach this.

Yup, try:
and also
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/

There is a lot of great info in there.

Cheers!
Dennis

--
I feel like a wet parking meter on Darvon!