[linux-dvb] Re: dvbstream client for windows

You need the Elecard / Moonlight UDP Streaming Application.
http://www.elecard.com/download/

Then you can watch RTP multicasts from dvbstream or the vdr stream plugin.

I just start the vdr plugin on my linux box, and open up windows
mediaplayer in my office with this url: moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp And
there you go, live streamin tv :)

The elecard codec is shareware though so you will get an annoying logo
floating around. And I've actually found no way of buying just the codec
and not the whole player.. Also if you find a way to disable the
"Sync2Async" filter in the avi graph let me know. It keeps buffering 1 mb
of the mpeg stream and that ruins true realtime tv. It's not needed since
there is no way to recover lost packets.

Markus G. Kempf sa:
> I would like to view a rtp multicast stream served by dvbstream 0.4pre2
(CVS version) with
> the -ps option with a windows client. I have no problem viewing it with
mplayer on a linux machine.
> I have tested Microsoft Mediaplayer, Apple Quicktime, Real RealOne
Player, vlc-0.5.1, Minerva, VBrick, Cisco IP/TV, dvbvideolan and IBM
Videocharger without success. I'm out of ideas. Can somebody help me
with new hints, programs etc.

> Markus
>

> --
> Info: