[linux-dvb] DVB-C tuning problem

Hi all,

I can't seem to get a lock and sync on transponders on frequencies below
313 MHz. I am using a DBox 2 STB that has a ves1820 demod with a sp5659
tuner chip.

When loading the ves module I get the following message:

<--snip-->
i2c-core.o: driver DVB I2C bridge registered.
ves1820.c: unknown PLL, please report to <linuxdvb@linuxtv.org>!!
VES1820: pwm=ff
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (VES1820 based DVB-C frontend)...
<--snip-->

The PLL that's in the STB is a sp5659, so it should be supported by the
driver.

The result of the driver not detecting the tuner correctly is that it
can't communicate with it through the i2c bus and it seems to me that it
doesn't set the correct register values in the tuner.

I read in the tuners datasheet it has a prescaler that when active only
lets you tune from 300 MHz to 2.7 GHz

I tried forcing the driver to set the correct values to turn this
feature off but it said: tuner_write: i/o error (ret == -121).

To make sure it wasn't the signal I had someone from the cable company
test the signal, which turned out to be fine.

But now I'm really stuck, after trying almost every patch I encountered
on the list it still won't lock, not after letting it tune for an hour.

Any input is most appreciated,

Erik Scholten

Btw. I'am using the Linux DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre2