[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C tuning problem

Hi,

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 12:16, Erik Scholten wrote:
> <--snip-->
> i2c-core.o: driver DVB I2C bridge registered.
> ves1820.c: unknown PLL, please report to <linuxdvb@linuxtv.org>!!
> VES1820: pwm=ff
> DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (VES1820 based DVB-C frontend)...
> <--snip-->

The PLL is connected to the frontprocessor through a 3-wire bus. the
ves1820 can not access it directly. you have to register "frontend
before ioctls". See dbox2_fp_napi.c for details.

> The PLL that's in the STB is a sp5659, so it should be supported by the
> driver.

It is - somehow. (By dbox2_fp_napi.c, not ves1820.c in this case again)

> The result of the driver not detecting the tuner correctly is that it
> can't communicate with it through the i2c bus and it seems to me that it
> doesn't set the correct register values in the tuner.

See above.

> But now I'm really stuck, after trying almost every patch I encountered
> on the list it still won't lock, not after letting it tune for an hour.
>
> Any input is most appreciated,
>
> Erik Scholten
>
> Btw. I'am using the Linux DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre2

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.berlios.de:/cvsroot/tuxbox -z3 co .

This CVS contains a powerpc build environment, drivers and applications
for the dbox2. See www.saftware.de -> INSTALL.en for installation
instructions.

If you make bugfixes, then please forward them to me. If you want to
join development, you might want to visit us in ircnet channel
#dbox2dev. See http://www.ircnet.com/index.php?&p=5&cur=nl for a list of
local servers.

Regards,
Andreas