[linux-dvb] Re: The drivers and HTV

At 12:28 7.3.2003 +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:
Marko KenttXlX wrote:
I haven't gotten any of the new firmware drivers to work with my Siemens DVB-C v1.5 :( Picture is ok for a couple of seconds after insmod/tuning and then starts degrading until it's just green mosaic. I also tried this new linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2 with and without Jaakko's patch but it didn't help. Older drivers work just fine.
What do you use for tuning/zapping? Are you sure that your zapping application keeps the frontend file descriptor opened? Your report sounds like if the demodulator gets powered down...
I use VDR 1.1.25 for tuning. I found the problem to be the PWM value saved to the card. I changed PWM manually to 0x45 which gives me the best results and now QAM64 channels work fine but QAM128 channels don't tune every time, I quess I'll have to experiment with the register values to see if I can find something better for my system.

Marko Kenttälä, Software Engineer
TERAFLOPS Ltd., Member of Elektrobit Group
Mobile: +358407501832, Fax: +35832619255
http://www.teraflops.com, http://www.elektrobit.com