[linux-dvb] Re: The drivers and HTV

Marko KenttXlX wrote:
At 23:48 5.3.2003 +0200, Lauri Pesonen wrote:

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:53:15PM -0500, JosceJ@netscape.net wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Do I still need to use Jaakkos patch for HTV (Helsinki cable)
> with the drivers at:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/
> or
> www.metzlerbros.org

I think so. I'm using them with a driver from 18th Feb.

Try it first without the patches and then with the patches if it doesn't
work.

I haven't gotten any of the new firmware drivers to work with my Siemens DVB-C v1.5 :( Picture is ok for a couple of seconds after insmod/tuning and then starts degrading until it's just green mosaic. I also tried this new linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2 with and without Jaakko's patch but it didn't help. Older drivers work just fine.
What do you use for tuning/zapping? Are you sure that your zapping application keeps the frontend file descriptor opened? Your report sounds like if the demodulator gets powered down...

try this: start xawtv in one console. Then run "czap <channelname>" in another console and keep it running forever. If the picture is staying stable then you have to disable power management either by passing the module parameter "dvb_shutdown_timeout=0" or use a properly implemented zapping application...

Holger