[linux-dvb] Re: V4 API proposal

Hi,

>Yes, but I wanted to know how I control the special (but common to the
hardware type)
>features of these devices.

Sorry, i misread your mail. As i don't have any clue what properties might
be out there else i cannot propose any suitable API for it. Here is what
somes to my mind without thinking longer about it:

A) DMX_CONTROL_SOURCE

You need another ioctl to query the source what options it has and what
vales are allowed. Easy hack but i dont like it very much.

B) Generics input device

Something like frontends but not bound to frontends. So you are able to
query/set it up properly. Maybe frontends can be integrated there too? Just
a quick idea. This will allow us to have all sorts of different inputs
(memory or network based, hdd, ...). Probably the way to go?

Comments?

Thanks,
   Florian