[linux-dvb] Re: My DVB-c patch (Re: The drivers and HTV)

> Ok, I'll postpone applying this patch. You can't simply disable
> frequency bending when you have multiple cards in the same box. When

Holger,

Sorry if I wasn't clear :-) I don't know if Jaakko's patch also disables
frequency bending. My testing was a combination of parts of the patch and
then some.

> You should use INVERSION_AUTO if you don't know for sure your providers
> inversion settings.

I tried different options, the fixed inversion setting inspired by Jaakko
saying
"Has anyone ever tested this auto inversion thing?  DVB-c is far too slow
  to tune and lock for this auto inversion code to work.  Therefore you
  need to manually set it."

> That's automatically done by the zigzag scan, another reason not to
> disable it. Here in the Berlin cable network we have similiar offsets
> from the announced frequency in NITs for some transponders.

It's just that results are not consistent, the zigzag can try a certain
frequency many times before finally it locks on to it. Until QAM_128 locking
issues in general are resolved the zigzag doesn't really help. (That is not
criticism by the way! I know this is a very peculiar setup and only a few
people on this list share it and are able to experiment with it. Afaik we do
all have these same problems though).

Cheers,
Dennis