[linux-dvb] Re: No audio, and interlacing problem with Nova-tcard and dvbstream

> > So, if anybody can help me I'd be very grateful. If I can get things
> > working I hope to develop some useful DVB software, so I can hopefully
> > repay any help back to the community.
>
> Maybe you can add software decoder support to VDR or Enigma? Based on
> ffmpeg and DirectFB this should be not too hard...

I had a brief look at doing this. The ffmpeg side of things isn't a
problem, but DirectFB seemed more problematic. I have an nVidia card and
reading between the lines I don't think it is going to perform well with
DirectFB. I don't think I'm going to get any hardware acceleration at all.
When I bought the nVidia card I didn't realise nVidia made life so
difficult for Linux people.

I suppose I should really go and ask the DirectFB group about this to be
sure (not another mailing list I'm going to have to subscribe to!). Also
do you know if ffmpeg uses any hardware assist with the MPEG decoding?
Otherwise, things could be pretty awful indeed.

James.