[linux-dvb] Re: No audio, and interlacing problem with Nova-tcard and dvbstream

Am Die, 2003-03-11 um 11.16 schrieb jng_junk@greenmail.demon.co.uk:
> > > So, if anybody can help me I'd be very grateful. If I can get things
> > > working I hope to develop some useful DVB software, so I can hopefully
> > > repay any help back to the community.
> >
> > Maybe you can add software decoder support to VDR or Enigma? Based on
> > ffmpeg and DirectFB this should be not too hard...
>
> I had a brief look at doing this. The ffmpeg side of things isn't a
> problem, but DirectFB seemed more problematic. I have an nVidia card and
> reading between the lines I don't think it is going to perform well with
> DirectFB. I don't think I'm going to get any hardware acceleration at all.
> When I bought the nVidia card I didn't realise nVidia made life so
> difficult for Linux people.

We've had some ideas on the VDR-ML to realize a soft-based decoding.
The simpliest idea to implement seems to be to remove the hardware-parts
from the DXR3-plugin (which encodes OSD to VOBsub), mux the A/V- and
VOBsub-stream into one stream and feed in into MPlayer in slave-mode.

This way all A/V-out-libraries of MPlayer can be used and we're no more
limited to MPEG but could replay nearly every codec.

Rene