[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle pctv sat

Demeter Tibor wrote:
Hello peoples!

I have a Pinnacle pctv sat card and i currently use with the "pinnacle-experimenatal" driver from cvs. This is a very old, very instable driver and this not work with only the dvbstream and mplayer softwares.
I look a driver for this card (bt8xx) in the "dvb-kernel" section of CVS.
This is a new driver or only a driver for the video in port ?
The VDR working with this card anyone?

please help me !

thanx:)

Demeter Tibor

The one in dvb-kernel/ was enhanced and developed further by Florian Schirmer. You'll have to check it out using:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
$ cd dvb-kernel/

now you'll have to apply the bt878 patches in directory linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/patches/ to your kernel source, then enable bttv video4linux support and rebuild+install your kernel.

Now, for 2.4 kernels:

$ cd build-2.4/
$ make clean && ./getlinks && make

to load the drivers: