[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle pctv sat

Hello Holger !

Thank you for the fast reply!

I have some question:

The old "pinnacle experimental" driver is need for this driver to work?

I need load the "v4l" module when starting the Xfree86 (in the XF86config file) or enhought by the ./insmod load command?

This driver how to work with VDR? I remember the old vdr not work, because i not have a dvd decoder chip on the pinnacle card. For this problem currently avalible an or other solution?

The video in port is working with this driver?

Thank you

Demeter Tibor

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Demeter Tibor wrote:

Hello peoples!

I have a Pinnacle pctv sat card and i currently use with the "pinnacle-experimenatal" driver from cvs. This is a very old, very instable driver and this not work with only the dvbstream and mplayer softwares.
I look a driver for this card (bt8xx) in the "dvb-kernel" section of CVS.
This is a new driver or only a driver for the video in port ?
The VDR working with this card anyone?

please help me !

thanx:)

Demeter Tibor

The one in dvb-kernel/ was enhanced and developed further by Florian Schirmer. You'll have to check it out using:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
$ cd dvb-kernel/

now you'll have to apply the bt878 patches in directory linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/patches/ to your kernel source, then enable bttv video4linux support and rebuild+install your kernel.

Now, for 2.4 kernels:

$ cd build-2.4/
$ make clean && ./getlinks && make

to load the drivers: