[linux-dvb] heavy section filter crunching can crash the arm

Hi there,

I have noticed that heavy number crunching in vdr can cause the arm to
crash with current CVS, and all previous CVS versions I have over here.
While doing this number crunching, the CPU sits somewhere between 85 and
95 percent, so I suppose it could spike to > 99% occasionally.  I'm almost
positive we are getting section XRUNs, with those numbers it is likely we
are not returning from processing in time and miss some sections.

Have all the fixes made it into DVB that are related to interrupt missing
etc or are they still waiting in DVB-kernel?

I'm running 2.4.19-RC1 + LL + preempt + firm timers

Can you see how something in the section code could cause the arm to
crash?

One time, just before it crashed, it tried to play data likely not meant
for the decoder and output several seconds of noise, interleaved with
250ms of good audio data, then crashed.  The 250ms number is a guess.  It
could be as short as 60ms, my memory is a little hazy and it only happened
once.

Help is appreciated.

_J