[linux-dvb] Re: heavy section filter crunching can crash the arm

Jeremy Hall wrote:
Hi there,

I have noticed that heavy number crunching in vdr can cause the arm to crash with current CVS, and all previous CVS versions I have over here. While doing this number crunching, the CPU sits somewhere between 85 and 95 percent, so I suppose it could spike to > 99% occasionally. I'm almost positive we are getting section XRUNs, with those numbers it is likely we are not returning from processing in time and miss some sections.

Have all the fixes made it into DVB that are related to interrupt missing etc or are they still waiting in DVB-kernel?
All these patches were related to Nova and Budget cards only. You have a full featured card containing the av7110.

Holger