[linux-dvb] Re: heavy section filter crunching can crash the arm

In the new year, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Have all the fixes made it into DVB that are related to interrupt missing
> > etc or are they still waiting in DVB-kernel?
>
> All these patches were related to Nova and Budget cards only. You have a
> full featured card containing the av7110.
>
> Holger

ah, so can there be a fix for this? I should point out that the number
crunching is in the libsi code, that is the only place it can be, I don't
know what it is, perhaps it is reproduced if you don't drain your queue
fast enough.  It appears to be a feature that has been there a very long
time.  It is related to section filters I know, because it only crashes
now when watching a channel on the "EPG" or "EEPG" transponders, if you
will allow me to use the term loosely.  I can comment out the AddFilter
directives and do not see the arm crashes.  Once the arm DOES crash, it
reboots all right but does not resume feeding the PIDs, it would appear
you have to do that in the application.  At any rate, it is not pleasing
to have to wait for the arm to reload.

Can you reproduce this yourself?

_J