[linux-dvb] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Juri Haberland wrote:
> Hi DVB driver developers,
>
> this is a repost of a message that I send a week ago, but got no
> answers. I send it yesterday to the VDR list and received a couple of
> answers. Seems I'm not the only one with the following problem and it
> is not limited to DVB-T cards - also -C and -S are affected.
>

> With the new drivers 1.0.0-rc1 and -rc2 I experience desync of a/v in
> VDR after viewing a recording (also on other occasions; viewing a
> recording is just an easy way to reproduce. Sometimes it needs just a
> short disturbance in the receiption to get out of sync.). This does
> not happen with a driver from CVS as of 13. January. This is very
> reproducable. It affects all programs on the same frequency (I use
> DVB-T) but vanishes, if I switch to a channel on another frequency.
> This happens also, if I use the old firmware (from the 13-01 driver)
> with the new driver, so it seems to be not a problem of the new
> firmware.

I also noticed a/v sync problems once or twice but I cannot reproduce
it. On http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/ there are daily snapshots of
the driver. Could you please try to find out the *precise* date when
this bug was introduced? If you could report this date I will check
what has been changed...

Oliver