[linux-dvb] Re: TLC320AD80C audio output clipping

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Breuer wrote:
[...]
There is some margin above the specified 2.8Vpp (my cards deliver up to
approx. 4Vpp without distortion) so that a limitation to +3dB works fine
here.

For a +3dB limit I changed the divisor to 989 and the max. value of
volleft and volright to 0x42 in the TI related code. To be fully
compliant to the specs (no further amplification) the values should be
1036 and 0x3F, respectively.
I changed the code so that we use the spec-conform values. Many thanks for reporting this!!

Holger